Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our new baby!

So my dream car for the past couple of years has been a Subaru Outback. I think they are adorable and look so good with mud splashed on them. When I graduated I vowed I would get myself one. However, I have had Vonda the Honda and she has been a wonderful car. No issues or problems other than the occasional well actually not so occasional theft, vandalism, and it being no where to be found when I leave work. It has been broken into countless times, it has been stolen once and this past Sunday there was a second attempt that left us with a useless car. I know, I know this comes with owning a Honda. But really?? The steering column was so torqued it would have cost thousands to fix along with all the other damage. I admitted that Vonda our Honda had fulfilled her purpose and given us a great service. However sad I might be to let her go she wasn't drivable and we needed a car. The silver lining in all of this was that I now could get my dream car. I know what all of you are thinking, a Subaru? her dream car? I can't help it I love them, don't judge me. So let me introduce you to Dooby the Suby, Lou the Ru. We are still working on a name, any opinions are welcome.

Thank you Vonda for your years of service, for getting us across the country several times safely, for being low on gas milage, for being reliable and for all the memories we created together.
;.( <--- That was supposed to look like an unhappy face with a tear. You will truly be missed!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Very nice- congrats on your new addition! What a special time for you and Johnny and your new bundle of joy! Why don't you pop on by one day and we can take her out and see what she can do!

Darren and Dianne said...

Sweet ride! That's so funny we saw you at the library today. How crazy to be there the same time on the same day!

Rikki said...

OH so Jealous!! I want a new car!!

scrapsidaisy said...

Kaley, I love that you name your cars. You are truly a kindred spirit. Our cars are Bailey (my van) and Gordon (our little honda civic...with 280,000 miles on it.) And I'm loving your thankful posts. What a great idea. Someone said to me recently that they thought thanksgiving was nothing more than a big family dinner. NOPE....SO much more.