Wednesday, November 26, 2008

1 day til' Thanksgiving

1 day til' Thanksgiving and today I'm thankful for:

-Seasons. I love living where we do because we are able to enjoy all 4 seasons. I don't have a favorite season I just have favorite aspects of each. Winter: I love skiing, snowshoeing, hot cocoa, warm socks, sweatshirts, world of white, sledding, and looking outside at a white wonderland. Spring: blooming flowers, hiking, seeing the world growing and starting over, picnics in the park, and the beginning of baseball season. Summer: Camping, fishing, golfing, more hiking, smores, barbeques, and evenings walks around the neighborhood. Fall: I love the oranges, golds, browns, yellows, and reds of all the foliage, the cool, crisp, fresh air, cooking out by the warmth of the fire, and football season. Isn't change wonderful? I love an every changing and evolving world.

-Holidays. I love the tradition that comes with holidays. Our family is all about tradition and therefore holidays really mean a lot to us. We spend them together doing the things we have done for years. I treasure these times because this is what life is all about, creating memories and remembering old ones. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving tomorrow and all the holidays we have to look forward to after that.

Gingerbread Houses 2007

Our first Thanksgiving together 2006

No comments: