3 days til' Thanksgiving and today I'm thankful for:
-Johnny's parents. I'm extraordinarily grateful for Beki and Gary Graham because without them I wouldn't have the wonderful husband that I have today. They must have done something right because he turned out perfect. They have 10 children and have welcomed several more into their family as they have married. They have been parenting for over 30 years. I know there is a great deal I can learn from them and will throughout the years of starting our own family.
- Hot Cocoa. I love starting my morning off with a warm cup of raspberry hot chocolate. I savor every last bit and enjoy every drop. Don't get me wrong I love regular hot chocolate too but my favorite is the raspberry chocolate, but anything warm and chocolaty will do.
-My wedding ring. We stopped by the jeweler the other day to look for a band that I could wear to work. I love my ring but sometimes it gets hard taking gloves on and off all day long. The jeweler offered to clean my ring and I gratefully said yes. When he returned it, it was so bright and shiny it was like a brand new ring. I had almost forgotten what it looked like 5 years ago when it was new. It gave me a new appreciation for it. It had almost become a part of my hand that I looked at every day but didn't really notice. Now when I look at my hand I see the beauty of it and the time, hard work and thought Johnny put into getting it for me.
- Rocky Road. Today we went to my Mom's house for a wonderful early Thanksgiving meal, since not all of my sisters will be there that day. Dinner was wonderful and made even more so when she pulled out one of my favorites. Rocky Road will always be nostalgic for me in the sense that I associate it with holidays, family gatherings, happiness, and just plain yummy. Thanks Mom!




1 comment:
I love this countdown your doing!!! I have to agree with you on being lucky to have the in laws we do! :)
Post a Comment