2 days til' Thanksgiving and today I'm thankful for:
-Books. It is no secret that I'm a reader through and through. Most of my spare time is found cuddled up in my recliner or bed with my comfy blanket and my latest find at the library. Yes I'm a nerd. But, I'm not just grateful for books I WANT to read. School gave me an appreciation for books I don't want to read too. I still have most of my books from all my school going years and I love that any answer I need I can find it in at least one of those books. Johnny teases me because when he goes to the Internet to find something, I go to a book. I had to have this set of Encyclopedias I saw at a garage sale a couple of years back because I didn't want my kids or myself to be so dependent on a computer that we wouldn't know how to look up an answer for ourselves. I have a special place in my heart for old books. We have several collections that I love because at some point in history someone else held that same book to look up the very same answer I might be looking for today. Ok, so I sound a little obsessed. I'm just thankful for books and the time of rest and relaxation I gain from reading.-Friendships. I have so many wonderful friends to be thankful for I could never name them all. I have had amazing experiences with so many people that have forever changed who I am today. As a little girl we lived in Sugarhouse and I had a very tight group of about 5 girls that did everything together. Even though we moved away we still remain close to this day. Throughout junior high and high school I developed many friendships that have made me into the type of person I am now. They were wonderful examples of how in an ever changing and trying world a youth in the gospel should be. Since high school I have had two incredible experiences that enabled me to grow close to people I may not have otherwise, and to form a bond that only we could understand. Going to Chicago to work with some incredible girls there and nursing school have been two of the toughest and most edifying experiences I have had. As I got married we found many wonderful "couple" friends that have been fun double daters, and a blast to be around. Throughout my life I have always been blessed by the bestest friends and upstanding people who I am so grateful to know.

Meg and I
Alex and I
Johnny and his best friend Jordan


Alex and INursing School Cronies
Johnny's birthday at a Bees game. Andy, Ashley, Dallin, Ciera, Mitch, Johnny, Meg and Bass
-Heaters. As the fall weather starts to chill and the forecaster predicts snow for the next 3 days I'm so grateful for heaters and the peace of mind that warmth brings. Its true, I love walking in from work to a warm home where I know I will be safe and comfortable. I'm very lucky and grateful to have everything I have. I know there are many people that aren't able to enjoy all the luxuries we have.




1 comment:
What a remarkable woman you have grown into. I love reading all of your thoughts and insights. I love you so much! Thanks for being a great sister, truly, I know I never say it but I love you very much!
I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings on your Thankful Countdown.
Post a Comment