Thursday, November 20, 2008

7 days til' Thanksgiving

With it being just one week to Thanksgiving I wanted to take a different approach to the 12 days of Christmas and apply it to Thanksgiving. Each day I will take a moment to write about the things I am most thankful for.

7 days til' Thanksgiving and today I am thankful for:

- My husband. Jonathon is not only the love of my life he is my best friend, partner in crime (just petty stuff, don't worry), my ski partner, my comic relief, my confidant, my supporter, and my example. Every day I am grateful for him and our life together. The only other word to describe him... perfect. This picture was taken out at Willard Bay when we were doing bridals before our wedding. I love this picture I think he looks SOOO handsome.

- My comfy blue blanket. My grandparents gave it to me for Christmas a couple years back and I love it. It goes with me on trips, snuggling on the coach watching a movie, in bed reading a book. I am for all things comfy and this is the best blanket I have found yet.

-Pictures. I love having captured memories that I can always look at and remember the feelings, emotions, people and stories we have in our lives.

-My kitty kats. When Johnny said he wanted a cat I said no. When he begged for a cat I said no. I had always had dogs and I wasn't about to get a cat. When he kept asking and pleading I knew he really wanted a cat. We went to the humane society just to look. Johnny had his eyes set on this beautiful gray kitty. I said no because she also had a sister and I wasn't about to split them up. That's when the lady came over and said two for the price of one if they are litter mates. I looked at her with pure disdain and said well I guess were getting two cats then aren't we? Johnny just nodded with a grin. I could not be more grateful for these feline friends. They are apart of our little family now.












-My Country. I live in an incredible place, a place where I am free to choose, free to live and free to enjoy many comforts and commodities that others don't have. This freedom however did not come free. We have had to fight for it. I am forever thankful and forever indebted to those soldiers of the past and present, and to their families. I thank them for standing up for our freedom and sacrificing of their time, and talents so I can enjoy the life I have today in this country, this land of freedom and promise, the U.S.A.-Comfort foods. Mashed potatoes, grilled cheese and bean and bacon soup, chicken noodle soup, home made brownies, Slurpee's, cherry 7up, macaroni and cheese (cold), Grandma's rolls, German chocolate cake, and oreos and milk.

As I started writing this I couldn't stop. There are so many things I have to be grateful for. I better stop for now and save some for the days to come. I just know I'm so blessed and have so much to be thankful for.

No comments: