Sunday, November 23, 2008

4 days til' Thanksgiving

4 days til' Thanksgiving and today I'm thankful for:

-Fall weather. I love the cool crisp fresh air that fall brings. I love the fall colors, the beautiful reds, golds, browns, oranges, yellows and greens. I just can't get over everything God created. As fall comes to an end I just want to take a moment to remember one of my favorite seasons as we look forward to winter.

-My sisters and sister-in-laws. As I have mentioned before I have been blessed with a wonderful family. I have two sisters Tawnie and Cami. I have two half sisters Stacie and Mandy. I have one step sister Jessica. I then married into a wonderful family and gained sister-in-laws Kim, Kimi, Jill, Rachel, and Jeni. I give you all the logistics and names so you know when I talk about them who they are. Really I think of them all as my sisters. I have learned something from everyone of them. They are wonderful sisters, mothers, aunts, daughters, and friends. I cherish the close relationships I have with some and look forward to growing closer to others.

-Church. Today we got to go back to my old ward and listen to my sister speak. It was so much fun to go back and see everyone and see how the ward has grown. Tawnie did a great job and it just so happened that they asked her boyfriend Zack to speak as well. So they both did great. It was wonderful to hear her testimony and see how she has grown over the years. I'm thankful for the church and the principles and teachings it gives us to live by. It makes me want to be a better person, and helps me to realize how far I have to go.

No comments: