In bed. I know what some of you are thinking and to that I reply, get your head out of the gutter. Unfortunately I am sick so it wasn't much of a celebration. We traded in our plans of skiing in Park City and dining at Snake Creek Grill (one of our fav restaurants) for a day hunkered down with our finds from blockbuster. Johnny made incredible Chicken Noodle Soup and we traded in our chocolate covered strawberries for chocolate ice cream, all foods that would easily slide down my raw throat.
Truthfully, I was quite depressed. I felt guilty for ruining our anniversary. I felt bad that all I wanted to do was stay in my dark, quiet warm bed and not move. I kept apologizing over and over. Johnny was so supportive, patient and attentive. It takes a strong man to hold your hair as you hurl into a bucket. I think we both came to the realization that this is real. This is just how life is. Sometimes you can get away for a romantic vaca and other times you get to clean up puke. This anniversary we took away the flowers, chocolates, expensive dinners and lame cards and got down to a pure and unconditional truth. We are who we are and we both are totally madly in love.
Sorry, two mushy posts in a row. I'm just so grateful to be who I am, where I am and who I am with. I wouldn't change a thing. At least we have the cruise to look forward to right Johnny?
8 years ago




1 comment:
That made me cry! I'm so sorry that your sick and so grateful you have a sweet husband! Happy Anniversary and call me when you feel up to it!!!
Post a Comment