Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Day!

This was the first year in 5 that I haven't had to work Christmas Eve or day. It was unreal! We spent Christmas eve at my parents house. We ate chili and played games and opened up our Christmas Eve pajamas. Then headed home for our long winters nap filled with sugarplums, or rather carmels, toffee and fudge. We spent the morning opening up our gifts to each other and then headed to my parents for our annual Christmas brunch. This year my Mom totally outdid herself It was so yummy, one of the better years for sure. We opened up family gifts and played games. Then Johnny and I headed out to complete our own family tradition. We got our ski gear on and headed for the slopes. We have been getting crazy snow storm after storm and the wind was an issue but we thought we would try anyways. We got to the mouth of the canyon only to be greeted by orange cones and the Sheriff saying the canyon was closed due to Avalanche control. So for the first year of three we weren't able to partake in our Christmas day powder. It was a bug bummer. Luckily Kimi will be coming soon and we will be able to ski most of the time she is here. Yeah! So, we headed back to my parents and played games, ate, laughed and ate some more. It was a great day. We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!
Johnny opening up his long awaited Ipod

Johnny was so thoughtful and framed my diploma from nursing school. Yes my eyes are red from crying. Its one of the most thoughtful gifts he has every given me.

Johnny had another surprise for me at my Mom's house. I have been wanting a ring I could wear to work and so he got me a beautiful band to go with my ring that I can wear by itself to work. Isn't he the best? I'm so lucky and grateful!

Brunch, tasty is all I need to say.

2 comments:

scrapsidaisy said...

What a sweet husband and family you have. Sounds like you had a great Christmas. And a Christmas with tears (good tears) is always a good one.

Jay & Heather said...

Hi!! Found you through Melissa's blog! :) How is everything? It has been a while since we have seen/talked to each other. :) Our blog: http://jayandheatherfamily.blogspot.com/
and I am on facebook, I know Melissa has tried to talk you into it.....