Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ginger Bread Houses

Every year my grandparents have the wonderful tradition of making gingerbread houses and eating homemade corn dogs and tater tots. It is one of my favorite days of the year. It started the year I was born so there hasn't been one year yet that I haven't done this. It is so much fun to be together, eating, chatting, laughing and letting the creative juices flow. Here are a few pictures from our day.
Houses for sale, Its a good thing these new builds are so tasty, otherwise in this market I don't think they would go very fast.
Tawnie and I ended up wearing the same sweater that we bought on the same day unbeknownts to each other. We also all happened to be wearing green. Cute!

Spencer, Auntie Em and little Matthew working on their creations.
Grandma Jane, Grandpa Loyd, Grandpa Boyd and Grandma Helen (my grandpa's twin brother and his wife) However when we were children we couldn't tell the difference so they were both Grandpa.
Grandma and I trying to figure out how to work the ovens for the tater tots. Don't worry we got it!
Our finished masterpiece, edible art.

No comments: