OK... so Johnny is the carver in the family. Not only does he have an artistic skill that cannot be matched when a knife and orange gourd are placed before him, but I don't carve. Once upon a time I did. When I was about five years old we were at our good friends house (the Cammen's) carving pumpkins. I had what I know now was the flu but at that point I thought I was spewing up pumpkin insides. As when you eat something you know made you sick and you cannot eat it again for me when I see, smell or put a knife to a pumpkin I can't help that a wave of nausea creeps over me. I continued throughout my life fighting this urge to puke and continued carving. People tend to give you weird looks when you say "I don't carve pumpkins" So I did it. Luckily, I met my husband who doesn't care if I don't carve and will happily carve enough for the two of us. In 2006 he did a grim reaper that had areas so thin I was sure it would collapse. I don't have any pictures of that but last year in 2007 this is what he came up with.

When all I could muster is a "G" for Graham or to go with his Georgia Bulldog (you decide) he pulls out this free hand bulldog. So this year I left it up to him and he stuck with the football theme again this year.
yellow candle wasn't cutting it...

Johnny thought it looked better with a red light
So this year I decided to make pumpkin cupcakes instead. While he slaved away with his drill, rotor, scraper, spoon, knife, scoop and that talented brain of his, I baked. It was the perfect compromise. Spice cake with cream cheese frosting or Chocolate with white frosting. mmm mmm good. Happy Halloween everyone!



When all I could muster is a "G" for Graham or to go with his Georgia Bulldog (you decide) he pulls out this free hand bulldog. So this year I left it up to him and he stuck with the football theme again this year.
yellow candle wasn't cutting it...
Johnny thought it looked better with a red light So this year I decided to make pumpkin cupcakes instead. While he slaved away with his drill, rotor, scraper, spoon, knife, scoop and that talented brain of his, I baked. It was the perfect compromise. Spice cake with cream cheese frosting or Chocolate with white frosting. mmm mmm good. Happy Halloween everyone!

Johnny put on Zoey's Halloween costume early




4 comments:
You are both talented! I hope to score a cupcake next year. I can't believe how cool those pumpkins are! Love the football kitty! Happy Halloween!
Those pumpkins are freakin amazing!! I am AMAZED with the helmet, how long did that take? I had no idea what an artist he is!! We still need to get together, sorry for bailing, Bass gets headaches a lot and it worries me! Send me the pictures of our lunch when you get a chance!! Miss you!!
These are the most amazing pumpkins I've ever seen! You're awesome! Are you coming to Thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa's?
WOW! Johnny is so talented! We love the UGA pumpkins and your cupcakes look fanastic too!
Post a Comment