We headed up Tuesday afternoon and went to Big Judd's for dinner. Johnny hadn't been there since he was 16 and had come to visit his brother Josh (who was at Ricks) for a family vacation. He was excited to try to eat the 1 lbs. burger again, but unfortunately he had probably eaten too many snacks along the way up. He wasn't able to finish but I have a feeling that won't be the last time he tries.
We got up Wednesday and got our fishing permits and went fishing out on some of BYU-I property near Henry's fork. It was beautiful and just very peaceful. I like fishing because you can sit all by yourself and listen to the bugs and the water and look at all the beauty surrounding you. Johnny was the lucky one that day and caught a 14 inch Cutthroat Trout. It was beautiful. We then hung around their house playing games and eating roast with mashed potatoes. They are too good to us! I was in heaven. 




Since I was extremely jealous of Johnny's previous day's catch we decided to get up really early and head out again for some more fishing. I'm proud to say that I caught a 10 inch brown trout. It is a lot of fun fishing with Grandpa he knows so much and I love listening to stories of when he was growing up and all of the incredible things he has done. Grandpa was happy that we had both caught one and so we called it a day in time to go home and get ready for our drive to Jackson Hole.
I love the drive there because it is so beautiful. You get to go through all of these little towns at the base of the Teton mountains. If I could own land anywhere it would be there. It is so gorgeous with the immense mountains and rivers. We spent some time in Jackson Hole. Its not the quaint little town I remember. Its sure grown. We then got to the Bar J ranch by 4 so we could get good seats for the show. Which we did! 
So for those of you who don't know Bar J Wranglers are a group of ranchers that for over 40 years have been serving an incredible chuck wagon dinner and providing a western show that is beyond words. You get there and are welcomed by fresh dutch oven biscuits with honey. You have your choice of steak, chicken, beef or ribs. You get a potato, beans, applesauce, spice cake and biscuits with ice cold lemonade. These ranchers not only play multiple instruments, can sing with the best of them and are absolutely hilarious but they are the ones who also serve you your dinner. Its an experience that you can enjoy year after year in a totally unique environment. For my grandparents this was their 4th time this summer. We decided to try to make it at least once a year from now on.
It was just overall, a great couple of days. We thoroughly enjoyed spending time with them playing games, sharing stories, laughing, eating good and I mean GOOD food. We look forward to doing it again some time soon. Thanks for letting us come up! We had a blast!



5 comments:
I love the Bar J Wranglers! I've been going there every year for as long as I can remember.
It looks like you are having a lot of fun and catching up on missed times with your husband. Nursing school is already a blurr I think because life still continues to be just as busy. It was good to hear from you. My job is alright. I like it a little better now but there are no challenges or room for progression. I am looking around for other options already. We will se though. Good to hear from you!
Wo, I am jealous- I have been wanting to go fishing all summer, but Tyler is a wimp and doesn't camp without a luxury hotel! Here's my e-mail, drop me a line :) lmarsh16@mymail.slcc.edu
never been do the bar j wranglers. sounds like a great time. perhaps we will have to make a plan for that next summer. we didn't get to jackson once this summer. what were we thinking??
Hey darling! I'm so glad you are blogging! Its so fun to see pictures and the fun things you do (without me! :( just kidding) I really hope we can plan a trip in the NEAR future!! I miss you so much, you two are adorable!!
Post a Comment